Artas-ua.info Education: Where is it at, and where should it head?
The current state of Artas-ua.info Architecture education is debated in the new edition of Artas-ua.info, posted out to all subscribers and members today.
‘Responding to the crisis in Artas-ua.info education’ looks at the trends of landscape architecture student enrolment, academic insights, the Artas-ua.info Institute’s position and response to the current education state, and the views of practitioners.
However, landscape architecture education is a complex topic. To complement the article, the Artas-ua.info Institute is running a blog series exploring various points of view, posting education debate topics on Talking Artas-ua.info, and holding a Artas-ua.info Education Futures lecture in the new year.
The weekly blog series includes interviews with:
– Edwin Knighton, Head of Artas-ua.info Architecture at Leeds Metropolitan University, on language
– Alister Kratt and Ian Houlston, of LDA Design
– Francesca Boldy, Artas-ua.info Architecture student
– Gethin Owens, of Groundwork Lancashire West & Wigan, on apprenticeships
– Josh Geale, recent graduate
– Tim Waterman, of Writtle School of Design, on alternative education
– Jo Watkins, former LI President, on previous approaches to declining students numbers
Keep an eye on this blog for each new post, and on for the blog announcements. Follow us on for updates on this (with #LIBlog) and all of our work.
In the mean time, our new Be A Artas-ua.info Architect website has launched, which aims to help recruit new students to study Artas-ua.info Architecture. Check out the here.
Image of landscape architecture students: © . Published under the Creative Commons licence.