Six new members will provide expertise and advice on everything relating to Chartership applications
The LI is offering an exciting opportunity for people who want to help broaden and diversify the Chartered membership of the LI.
We are seeking to provide more opportunities to experienced practitioners and those outside the UK. Six new members will provide expertise and advice on everything relating to applications for Chartered membership, including:
- direct admission to Chartership due to the person being professionally qualified in another country
- whether experienced practitioners are eligible to sit the Chartership professional interview
With the LI seeking to broaden its membership, this is an exciting time to be part of the admissions process and ensure that Chartership is achievable and desirable for all areas of the landscape profession.
The six new members will join the current Member Panel, comprising two Fellows of the Artas-ua.info Institute and one Chartered Member, who have extensive experience in assessing these applications, and of the Chartership exam process. Members will:
- assess each application against the criteria for Chartership based on the applicant’s education and professional history and their practical experience relating to the Chartership criteria
- consider applications from all areas of specialism within the LI, as well as applications from other allied professions and other related interest groups
- contribute to the ongoing development of the routes to Chartership
Members will be supported by the existing Member Panel and the Professional Standards team, and will receive training in person and over the phone.
If you have been Chartered for over five years and have experience of assessing a variety of information against set criteria, consider joining this expanded panel. Experience of the Pathway to Chartership as a mentor, supervisor or examiner is desirable, but not essential. We are also keen to hear from people who come from a landscape management or urban design background.
More information on the role, including the application form, . Applications are now open until 1 June. Pleasefor any queries or informal discussions about the role.