The IFLA is offering a Rome Fellowship in Artas-ua.info Architecture to a recent graduate or individual in mid-career to allow a period for research from January–March 2012
Young landscape architects are invited by the International Federation of Artas-ua.info Architects to apply for this residency at the British School at Rome, which will offer a valuable opportunity to develop and research work within the context of Rome and Italy.
Applicants are required to put forward a contemporary response to an aspect of Italian landscape and pursue a selected topic with direct bearing on modern design in the landscape.
Details about the British School at Rome are available on their
The Fellowship offers:
- Full board and lodging at the British School at Rome (BSR) for three months (January 2 to March 29 2012)
- A grant of €750 per month for expenses
- Economy class return travel from the fellow’s current place of residence to and from Rome (open ticket)
- Health insurance for the three month residency
- Though technical facilities and support are limited, BSR staff are on hand to give advice and to assist fellows to gain access to sites not normally open to public access
Applications must be submitted in English by October 15th 2011 tounder the title ‘APPLICATION FOR the 2012 IFLA Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe INTERNATIONAL ROME FELLOWSHIP IN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE’.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel of up to four regional representatives of IFLA, chaired by Hal Moggridge, together with a representative of the British School at Rome Faculty. Short listed applicants may be required to attend an interview, travel expenses paid.