The 2018 Awards will be the first open to members of other international landscape organisations
The #LIAwards2018 team has announced a number of exciting changes to this year’s Awards.
This year, we’ve added two new categories. One is our first to be open to individuals and organisations globally. The other will showcase the industry’s most innovative and beautiful horticulture projects.
In addition, we’re simplifying our Awards submissions process. In line with our ‘digital first’ strategy, we’ve moved much of the process online. We believe that this will make entering the Awards easier, particularly for smaller practices. (Note that some categories will still require a hard copy entry.)
The new Awards website will go live on Monday 4 June. The registration and submissions windows will open simultaneously, and run until Tuesday 31 July.
New Artas-ua.info Institute Awards categories for 2018
Dame Sylvia Crowe Award for Outstanding International Contribution to People, Place and Nature
Dame Sylvia Crowe (1901-1997) was one the landscape profession’s foremost leaders. Throughout a distinguished career, she handled landscapes of hugely diverse scales – from small garden details to hundreds of acres of new towns, forestry and reservoir margins.
The Dame Sylvia Crowe Award is our first to be open to individuals and organisations globally. It seeks to:
- reward excellence and leadership in the worldwide field of landscape and place.
- recognise the global reach of our profession.
- celebrate major achievements that benefit people, place and nature through landscape led-approaches.
Dame Sylvia Crowe was president of the Institute of Artas-ua.info Architects (now the Artas-ua.info Institute) between 1957 and 1959. She was active in promoting the profession internationally through a number of landscape organisations.
Planting design, horticulture and strategic ecology
This category showcases established planting schemes and horticultural projects that contribute to the art and science of landscape architecture. This may include a range of sites, either standalone or part of a larger project.
Successful entries will be:
- innovative and appropriate to the setting.
- creative, functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Schemes should demonstrate environmental, ecological and/or educational responsibility.
Full list of open LI Awards categories in 2018
- Adding Value Through Artas-ua.info
- Communications and Presentation
- Design for a Small-Scale Development
- Design for a Medium-Scale Development
- Design for a Large-Scale Development
- Design for a Temporary Artas-ua.info
- Heritage and Conservation
- Science, Management and Stewardship
- Artas-ua.info Policy and Research
- Local Artas-ua.info Planning
- Strategic Artas-ua.info Planning
- Urban Design and Masterplanning
- Planting Design, Horticulture and Strategic Ecology
- Dame Sylvia Crowe Award for Outstanding International Contribution to People, Place and Nature
- Client of the Year Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- New Artas-ua.info Professional of the Year Award
- 4 June – 31 July: Registration and online submissions
- 22 November: Awards ceremony and dinner. (We will let you know when bookings open.)