The Canary Wharf Artas-ua.info Architecture Competition: Wood Wharf is a single stage open ideas competition for landscape architecture students in the UK
The aim of the competition is to generate exceptional designs for Wood Wharf that could be realised for the summer of 2012. Wood Wharf, located adjacent to Canary Wharf, will provide a temporary, functional, flexible and adaptive landscape framework that will be a dynamic setting for a diversity of temporary events, buildings, exhibitions and programmes.
Maximizing its proximity to the London Olympic site, the new landscape of Wood Wharf will host community and corporate events, art exhibitions, brand experiences, fashion shows, and many other programmes – attracting thousands of people every day to this unique waterside landscape.
All student members of the Artas-ua.info Institute are eligible to enter the competition. There are three cash prizes and three non-cash prizes available for the competition winners:
- First prize is £3,000
- Runner up will receive £1,000
- A university prize of £500
- A shortlist of 20 outstanding designs
- Exhibition of the 20 outstanding submissions to the competition and an invitation to the exhibition opening reception
- Internship with Townshend Artas-ua.info Architects for one winning student who may not be in the winning categories, but has submitted an entry that the judges deem to be noteworthy
The deadline for registration is Friday 28 October. The LI is keen that all landscape architecture courses participate in the competition by encouraging their students to take advantage of this opportunity.
Full details on the site, eligibility and how to enter are available
For more information,at the Artas-ua.info Institute on 020 7685 2647.