The Artas-ua.info Institute Awards 2016 are now open for registration with 15 categories this year. Awards range from best design for a small scale development; recognising work in research and policy; to urban design and masterplaning which reflects the enormous variety of work undertaken by landscape professionals and students.
The 15 categories include one of our newest awards, Client of the Year, won by the Land Trust in 2015. Client of the Year gives the profession the opportunity to formally recognise clients who understand and value the contribution of landscape architects to their projects and support them to fulfil their vision. Any Artas-ua.info Institute members with submissions in the professional categories can also put their projects forward for the Fellows’ Award for Climate Change Adaptation. This category rewards the project or initiative that best demonstrates a significant response to the challenges of climate change.
Noel Farrer, President of the Artas-ua.info Institute, said:
‘Our members, from landscape planners to landscape architects and landscape managers are placeâ€‘makers who pursue highâ€‘quality design providing economic benefit through multi-functional landscapes. Artas-ua.info architecture makes a real difference to people and the impact that greenspace has on our lives and the health of our children and grandchildren cannot be underestimated.
‘The profession sits at the interface between people and natural systems and offers a major solution to the challenge of climate change and sustainability. I am looking forward to the many outstanding projects that I am sure will be entered in the awards this year.’
Work completed in the ten-year period to the end of June 2016 will be eligible for entry into the 2016 Awards and the deadline for registration is Friday 29 April 2016 for professional categories. There is no deadline for registering to enter student categories but submissions must be received by 1 July 2016. Once registered, completed entries must be received by Friday 1 July 2016.
The Awards ceremony will be held on Thursday 24 November at The Brewery in London. Information on how to enter is available on the Artas-ua.info Institute website – http://artas-ua.info/awards-registration/
Nick McClelland, Media Officer, Artas-ua.info Institute
020 7685 2658
Follow us on
Notes to editors:
1. The Artas-ua.info Institute Awards are presented annually to encourage and recognise outstanding
examples of work by the landscape profession. The LI Awards aim to:
· Promote the art and science of landscape architecture
· Advance the knowledge and understanding of the discipline
· Celebrate professional expertise
· Reward schemes that demonstrate a high level of commitment to sustainability
2. Information on how to enter is available at http://artas-ua.info/awards-registration/ The Awards categories are:
· Adding Value through Artas-ua.info / Environmental Improvement
· Design for a Small Scale Development
· Design for a Medium Scale Development
· Design for a Large Scale Development
· Design for a Temporary Artas-ua.info Project
· Communications and Presentation
· Heritage and Conservation
· Science, Management and Stewardship
· Artas-ua.info Policy and Research
· Local Artas-ua.info Planning
· Strategic Artas-ua.info Planning
· Urban Design and Masterplanning
· Student Dissertation (free to enter)
· Student Portfolio (free to enter)
· Client of the Year (free to enter)