Artas-ua.info planning is the development and application of strategies, policies and plans to create successful environments, in both urban and rural settings, for the benefit of current and future generations.
When working in the context of landscape planning, Chartered Members of the Artas-ua.info Institute landscape architects operate at all contexts and scales, from the international to the local, and on all types of development, advising on or managing proposals for change which may affect the landscape. They assess and resolve environmental, economic and social opportunities and constraints relevant to areas of landscape interest and take these into account in addressing a landscape’s potential and capacity to accommodate change.
Typical activities include:
- preparing and advising on policy and strategy within legal frameworks
- preparing Green Infrastructure plans and implementation strategies
- managing, coordinating and contributing to detailed assessments and studies :- including:environmental impact assessment
landscape and visual impact assessment
landscape character surveys, assessment and reports
- master planning for development and regeneration schemes
- coordinating and conducting community engagement and consultation with users/owners/managers other stakeholders
- advising on compliance with relevant policy, legislation, good practice and relevant
- managing projects and contracts
- providing advice to development control planning officers
- contributing to public inquiries and acting as an expert witness